Learn how to make changes to existing templates, add new variables, remove old ones, change your formatting, add or remove supporting text and paragraphs, and more – all in this topic.
At the end of this guide, you should have updated your template to your liking.
- You know what templates are
- You have an existing template in your Inkit environment that you could edit
- You are aware of your template needs (and know which changes you'd like to make)
Read more about:
As you know, through templates, you can simplify your create requests. You include the correct key-value pairs, and Inkit Render populates your template as specified.
However, because you don't want any of your technical processes to break, it's essential to check a few things before you continue.
Check which API keys are currently utilizing the template you'd like to edit. For example, you may want to do a quick search in your codebase. Or ask your technical staff for assistance if you don't know how to.
After you've made sure you can edit the template, continue to the next section.
To edit templates, you do not need any special permissions. First, make sure you have an existing template available to change.
If you'd like to know how to create a template, please refer to this topic:
Currently, editing templates is done within the Inkit Render web environment. So, sign in to a user account and follow the next few steps:
- Sign in to your web environment here: https://app.inkit.com
- Navigate to the "Templates" tab on the sidebar
- Find the template you'd like to edit and click on the "Edit" button
- Change text, add new variables (Using the %%variable%% formatting), or remove existing variables
- Confirm your changes by pressing "Save Changes"
- (Optional) test your template
If all went well, you should have successfully edited your template. Optionally, you may choose to test your template. You can do so by generating a document from it.
If you'd like to learn more about generating documents from a template, then refer to this topic:
Updated about 1 year ago