Understand HTML templates and discover how to use them to streamline your document generation processes
In this topic, you'll learn about HTML templates and how to use them on the Inkit platform. We'll cover what they are on a conceptual level and go into several use cases that demonstrate how to utilize this functionality. At the end of this guide, you'll be ready to continue to the follow-up topic, where you'll apply templates into practice.
- You know how to generate PDF documents using Inkit Render
- You understand how API keys work
- You have granted your API keys the appropriate permissions
Read more about:
The first and foremost reason to use HTML templates is to streamline your data generation processes. Simply put, you can create predefined templates that you then populate with specific data.
The result means you could, for example, have a bank statement that gets populated with customer information like their name, address, and their spending activity. Through templates, you can automate this process.
Templates are an invaluable tool to utilize if your organization has many standard documents. Especially if those documents are uniform and only change because of the information you put inside them
Be sure to ask yourself questions like these:
- What documents do I have in my organization that are always the same?
- Do I have any forms that are routinely filled in?
- Do I have any reports that should be created every week, month, or quarter?
- What if I could serve reports or other routine documents of value to my customers? Could I template these documents?
- Are there any processes within my organization that could benefit from uniform documents? If so, how could you transition to using templates?
- If so, what are they? Do they affect other processes that could also be optimized?
- To put it simply, with folders, you can organize and categorize data. Therefore, folders are considered to be an essential component of the management & security layer to which you have access.
By answering the questions, you raise awareness of where templates could significantly boost your organization's technical efficiency.
Through key-value pairs, you can dynamically populate your templates. This means that Inkit Render will search for a specific signal word (key) within your document and populate it with the correct data (your value).
You can have as many key-value pairs in your template as you wish. By having flexibility in your key-value pairs, you can design large, complex documents and reports.
Note: You will have to make sure to include them when you create requests. If you include keys that are not defined in your template, you will get an error message.
Templates are made in HTML and can be created in any text editor of choice. You can use predefined templates or build them from scratch.
Inkit Render will soon have a rich text editor in which you can create your document templates.
Updated 5 months ago