Learn how to create a folder in which you can store your generated documents by following this step-by-step guide
In this guide, you’ll learn how to create a folder on the Inkit platform. By the end, your organization will have a folder in which it can place its rendered documents. Let us proceed.
- You know what folders are
- You understand folder privacy settings and folder sharing
- You have decided on how you want to organize your data
Read more about:
Before creating your folder in your organization’s Inkit web environment, make sure you are signed in to a user with the folders.create permission.
If you are signed in to an admin user, you have all permissions granted by default. Otherwise, you must create a new user role and give it the appropriate permission.
- Read more about default admin assignment
- Discover how to add a role to a user (coming soon)
Let's continue, follow along by performing the next steps:
- Click on the Render -> Folders tab
- Press the Create Folder button
- Fill in the folder creation form with a name and description
Give your folder a clear, indicative name. For example, name a folder ‘Invoices_US’ instead of ‘BillingAmerica.’ The clearer you organize your data, the easier it is for your team to use the Inkit platform.
- (Optional) Click the ‘private’ checkbox if you want customized data access
Note: You cannot turn a private folder into a public folder. But you can edit which roles have access to your folder after you create it. Before creating a private folder, you may wish to identify with whom you want to share the folder.
- Learn more about folder sharing (coming soon)
- Confirm by pressing ‘create’
You have now successfully created a folder.
Tip: the Inkit platform aims to give you versatile data access customizability through folders. Do not only create public folders. Use private folders and folder sharing to hide confidential information.
Updated 22 days ago