In this topic, you’ll find a stepwise guide to creating user roles. You’ll also read supplementary information about role creation and considerations to keep in mind as you make your roles.
- You understand what roles and permissions are
- You have identified your permission needs
- You have created an overview of the different roles your organization needs
Read more about:
You can either create a role as you create or edit an API key or when you invite a team member to the Inkit platform. To create a role you need to have the roles.create, service-accounts.update, and service-accounts.create permissions.
Sign in to your default admin user if you are unsure of your held permissions.
Navigate to the create a role form by proceeding with one of three options
- Browse to your settings, click on the manage users tab, and press invite user. You can create a new role on the user invitation form by pressing ‘add a new role’ in the choose a role field.
- Browse to the API Keys tab, and click on create API key. You can create a new role by pressing ‘Add a new role’ in the choose roles field in this form.
- Browse to the API Keys tab, and click on edit on an existing API key. You can create a new role in the edit form by pressing ‘Add a new role’ in the choose roles field.
Let's for example say, we're creating a US_billing role that is allowed to create, read, edit, and update documents. We would want to give it the Renders.create, Renders.retrieve, Renders.update, and Renders.delete permissions.
To do this, we would proceed by doing the following:
- Fill in an appropriate name and description for your role
Choose the permissions you would like your role to have
Confirm by pressing ‘save’
You should now have created a role. This role can be assigned to users when inviting them or to API keys when creating or editing them.
Updated 10 months ago